Easy Wholegrain Flax Waffles
|These easy wholegrain flax waffles are tender and flavourful|
At one time there were at least six stovetop waffle irons in my family.
Mom and Dad gave them to several of us one year for Christmas. It was a few
years after we all got white terrycloth bathrobes as gifts and wandered around
the house looking like we were guests at some sort of spa.
Easy Wholegrain Flax WafflesKnown as Phil's Grandmother's Waffles in our house
Makes about 14 waffles
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup butter, melted (or oil or a combination of the two)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 cups milk
- 3 cups flour (stoneground if you have it)
- 1/4 cup ground flax or chia
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs and sugar. Add vanilla. Whisk in melted butter then milk.
- In a separate bowl stir together flour, flax, salt and baking powder.
- Carefully whisk wet ingredients into dry, taking care not to get any lumps. (If it does get lumpy just keep whisking until the batter is smooth).
- Cook waffles according to directions on your waffle iron.