Kale Pesto and Delicious Raw Kale Recipes
|Kale pesto is great as a dip, tossed with pasta or served alongside fish.|
My friend Laura introduced me to kale pesto. I had never heard of it before and she had tasted it but never made it before so one day we played around with the idea. Based on what Laura could remember this is what we came up with it.
Eat as a dip, served alongside fish or roasted vegetables, tossed with pasta…
- 5 stalks of kale, leaves only
- 1 handful of fresh basil
- 1/2 cup toasted walnut pieces
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- ¼ to ½ cup olive oil
- Juice of ½ a lemon (more if you prefer)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ to ½ cup grated parmesan
- In a food processor whirl the first four ingredients. Add the lemon and ¼ cup of the olive oil. Whir again.
- From here you can decide: do you want some texture to your pesto or do you want it silky?
- Play with the on/off button and the remaining oil until you have the texture you prefer.
- Season with salt and a little pepper and stir in the parmesan.